Re: mech. tach.

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, lewis mckillop <lsmc@lightspeed.net>
Subject: Re: mech. tach.
From: Peter Ficklin <pficklin@qnis.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 22:28:27 -0800
Lewis,
  We'll, I guess the freeze plug thing could be worse, as Joe explained,
so have at it...   I second Malcom's opinion on the tach cable.  I
wouldn't be surprised if it's bound up with a little rust & such in
there.  I'd say pull it out and check it.  I'm sure there's enough guys
around with old dizzy's that you might be able to get a replacement gear
from if you had too.

good luck...
Peter
------------
lewis mckillop wrote:

>     Hello all,
> Yes Peter, the freeze plug that came out was the one under the
> manifolds. Some guy named Murphy explained why...
>     Anyway, i do have a quick question. I have two mech. tach.'s. If i
> unhook the cable from the distributor and try to turn the cable it feels
> like the tach. is frozen up. The one in the car now worked ok until
> lately. How hard should this cable be to turn? I am afraid this is what
> stripped the nylon gear in one of my distributors.
> Thanks once again,
> Lew 63 and 67 spit

-Malcolm