Re: Purchasing parts via Digest

To: Randy Clark <grantura@agate.net>
Subject: Re: Purchasing parts via Digest
From: Carol Zingone <jrhoffman@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 09:18:02 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Randy Clark wrote:

> I'm negotiating with a fellow "lister" concerning the purchase of some
> TR parts that he has. I'm wondering what other folks have done about
> the actual transfer of payment and shipment goods in situations like
> this.
>
> Say the item is $500, and I'm the buyer...am I supposed to send a
> perfect stranger $500 and just keep my fingers crossed that he isn't
> some sort of rip off artist, or that when I get the stuff that it
> isn't just a bunch of trash? How have others dealt with this
> situation?>
>Randy,

I understand your apprehension -- I had some when I was offered a used
differential last year.  However, I spoke with Chad on the phone prior
to sending the check out, and figured I could track him down if
necessary.  The diff works well, and Chad picked up the shipping.  I'd
recommend negotiating partial payment when shipment occurs, and the
remainder when you've accepted the parts.

Most of us on the list have morals, ethics, that sort of thing, BTW.

Good luck !

Carol Zingone
74 TR6 -- Sybill (who left on a flatbed this morning)