Re: Towing Spitfires

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Towing Spitfires
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 16:52:00 -0800
Gang,

I have seen a number of replies on the towing issue.  Most have been
very educational, but most have overlooked the fact that the original
request indicated that the intent is to tow the car around the country
behind a motorhome.

That indicates it will likely be connected, towed, disconnected, driven,
reconnected.....

I doubt anybody would want the hassel of disconnecting and reconnecting
the driveshaft each stop.  With that in mind, and the fact that I firmy
believe one should eliminate as much as possible from our LBC's, I
recommend that my first suggestion, trailering the car is the best
option.

An inexpensive 2-wheel trailer will easily handle a Spit.  It's no
problem to handle behind a tow vehicle.  It's easy to load/unload.  And
the stress is on the trailer bearings, not on any of the Spit parts.

Therefore,  IMHO the trailer is the best bet.

Joe Curry  '63 Spit