TR6 speedometer woes

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 speedometer woes
From: chris@dbserver.miles33.com (Chris Habasinski)
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 09:10:31 -0500
Hi

The speedo on my '76 TR6 is not working.
I've found that my setup does not match the Bentley manual.
I have some kind of service counter between the gearbox  and the speedo,
mounted by the bulkhead.
Any ideas what this is for?

Also, can I check the speedo cable by connecting the gearbox end to a drill?
I'm afraid I may distort the cross-section of the cable doing this.

Could you please send a copy of any responses directly to my e-mail address
as I'm new to the list and I'm not convinced I'm getting all the postings.

Thanks in advance

Chris H.        '76 TR6 (low mileage (:-))