Re: TR6 speedometer woes

To: Chris Habasinski <chris@dbserver.miles33.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 speedometer woes
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 13:40:41 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Thu, 20 Nov 1997, Chris Habasinski wrote:

> Also, can I check the speedo cable by connecting the gearbox end to a drill?
> I'm afraid I may distort the cross-section of the cable doing this.

I just give the end a spin with my fingers and have someone watch the
speedo (or, if you can, watch it yourself)-- the drive gears don't go too
fast, so you'll be able to see if everything's connected.  The needle will
jump, maybe up as far as 20.

This way you don't risk breaking anything if you have stuck mechanisms.

Also you will be able to tell if anything is binding... they don't have
force feedback drills yet :-)

-Malcolm