Re: "TR4" badge on boot (trunk) lid

To: ArthurK101@aol.com
Subject: Re: "TR4" badge on boot (trunk) lid
From: Jerry McDonald <blknwht@nwrain.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 04:44:07 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
At 02:58 PM 11/21/97 -0500, you wrote:

>SO how about you TR4 folks with an original lid checking and seeing what you
>have?  Do you have the badge and, if not, are the holes drilled for it?
> Thanks all.
>
>OOPS. Just received Darrell Leach's post.  His numbers (CT5368 and 13108)
>fall in between Len's and Chip's.  HERE WE GO AGAIN.
>
>  Maybe the dealers here in the states put on the badges in '62 or maybe the
>factory only put them on when they felt like it or had some on hand.  Any
>ideas?  BTW my car ('64) rolled out of the factory with the badge - as well
>as a wood facia panel (dash).  Go figure.  :-)  Curiouser and curiouser !!

Ok Art here's another datapoint. CT1272L does not have a trunk badge nor
did it ever from what I can tell. Also if you look at the photo of the TR4
assembly line that is in the Illustrated Triumph Buyers Guide it appears
that these cars, which are close to being finished, have no badge nor
provisions for such.