Re: Unleaded Fuel / Valve seat inserts

To: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Subject: Re: Unleaded Fuel / Valve seat inserts
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 06:27:43 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>I have a TR7 with Webers, and I haven't got your problem, but could you fit
>an anti-run-on valve from a TR7 or something? (Just a thought).
Allen,
Yes, I have thought of doing just that.  The later Spitfires (and possibly
the same valve was used on TR7's) had such a valve that when the ignition
was turned off, the valve electronically operated, would open, allowing air
to enter the intake manifold, through the valve via the charcoal canister
hose junctions.  I just figured there must be a better way :-)

Barry Schwartz
bschwart@pacbell.net