Re: SU

To: "Mark A. Bunce" <bunce@alma.edu>
Subject: Re: SU
From: Zink <zink@pdq.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 23:43:09 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Mark A. Bunce wrote:

>  The engine that I replaced in the  1970 Spit MKIII had a single
> Stromberg
> carb. The 1969 engine that I  put in had dual SU's. I had to put the
> Stromberg
> on the 1969 engine at the time but I was wondering if it would be
> better to
> rebuild the SU's and refit them. Any opinions? How hard are they to
> rebuild?
>
> Mark
General consenus is that the SU's use less gas, are easier to tune, and
you get more power.  And they are not hard to rebuild, I did my first
rebuild on HS2"s this year and had never attempted to rebuild a carb
before, and they work.  Better than when I got the car 18 years ago.

Larry Zink
1964 Spitfire4
Houston