Re: Wire Wheel Balancing

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Wire Wheel Balancing
From: Brian Harper <brian@ati.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 1997 16:45:08 -0800
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
At 09:00 PM 12/21/97 -0000, birdy wrote:
>I am no expert with wire wheels,but i do have some experience with
>motorcycle tyres and wheels and the balancing of them. The cheapest way

'Cept you still have the wheel bearings to give you a smooth spin. You
don't have that with the spoked car wheels unless you take off more than
just the wheel. Which might actually be a solution here. Take off the disk
or drum and reattach the wheel. Can they balace that? Can you with a pipe
and some jackstands?

Brian Harper
Italian Motorcycles and Britsh Cars.