Honesty

To: Triumph q&a <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Honesty
From: Joe and Trish <jthaider@micron.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 1998 06:27:45 -0700
Hi!  I have a question for the group.  We have a 1970 Triumph Spitfire,
a 1964 Spitfire and a 1970 GT6.  During the process of restoring the
1970 Lady, we used parts from the others.  The GT6 was used mainly for
parts.  We had lots of extra parts.

A person on this list asked for a GT6 axle and wondered if anyone had
one for sale.  My husband wrote to this person and told him that we did,
we would be willing to sell it for a nominal (very nominal) fee plus the
shipping.  The person agreed and my husband (a usually very sweet,
intelligent guy)sent the part off by UPS, paying for the shipment up
front.

After receiving the part, this person said he sent the check.  Yeah,
right!  It's been almost a month and 1/2 now and no $$.  Calls and email
go unanswered.  This person supposedly has a business in NM.  Has anyone
else had this experience and what would you recommend we do?  From
reading the posts this last year, I got the idea that most of the people
on the list were honest and interested in restoring and promoting the
lbc's.

I'd be interested to hear about experiences of this kind from others.

Thanks.

Trish
jthaider@micron.com

P.S.  You don't want to know what I'd like to do to this guy!