Re: Spitfire/ 4A-GE conversion

To: Scott Davis <ssdavis1@ews.uiuc.edu>
Subject: Re: Spitfire/ 4A-GE conversion
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 09:28:34 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Thu, 22 Jan 1998, Scott Davis wrote:

>       Fuel delivery will be accomplished most likely via two pumps, one at the
> tank to provide ~4ish psi of pressure to move the fuel, then another to
> give the 40psi that the injectors require.  This is up in the air right
> now, and any ideas are very much appreciated as to the best way to get 40
> psi at the intake area.....   BTW, what are the stock fuel lines rated to,
> pressure wise?

My opinion would be to do as you are, but use only solid metal lines after
the 40psi pump.  The rubber fittings can probably take that, provided you
use worm-clamps instead of those quick springy-ones... but I wouldn't risk
it.

Don't forget that you will have to put the high pressure pump on the
engine, or else use a high-pressure flexy hose (a la clutch) to get gas
between the shaking engine and non-shaking body!

I think compression fittings would be tough enough.  I have one on the
3/16 oil pressure line in my TR4, it takes 70psi no sweat.

-Malcolm