Re: rusty gas tank

To: bharris <harris88@rochester.infi.net>
Subject: Re: rusty gas tank
From: Jeff Nathanson <jeffn@msystech.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 19:24:37 -0700 (MST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Lew,

        I derusted, cleaned and sealed the tank on my '72 TR6 last summner.
        I bought the kit from MOSS and seemed to work quite well without
        any major problems. Just be careful and use a minimum amount of the
        sealant. Too much and the sealant will dry like stalagtytes(sp?).

        Jeff N.
At 08:31 PM 2/22/98 -0500, you wrote:

>Lew,
>    For lack of any better ideas,I've heard if you put a short lenght of
>chain in the tank and shake it around,it will scrape the scale&rust off
>of the bottom.Weather useing some kind of solution,ie
>kerosene,saftey-kleen etc. would be prudent,I'm not sure. I can only
>remember someone telling me that they used a lenght of chain to get rid
>of the rust in there gastank. Perhaps someone else can elaborate??
>                                             Good Luck,
>                                             Bob Harris

Jeff C. Nathanson
Director of Product Development
Manufacturing Systems & Technologies, Inc.