RE: rusty gas tank

To: "'Zink'" <zink@pdq.net>
Subject: RE: rusty gas tank
From: Chris Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 02:49:18 -0800
Cc: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

Lew,

        I would concur with Larry and the others who have recommended the
radiator shop.  A GOOD shop will be able to get most if not all rust out and
seal the tank from further deterioration, whereas, the various marble/chain
tricks will get some of the flakes and leave the cause.  I guess  it depends on
how often you like to change your filters, but I would do it once, paying the
money and getting the warranty.  But then, that's MHO.

Chris Prugh
72 Spitfar
Morgan Hill, CA