Re[2]: Tie rods - washer necessary?

To: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>, Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Subject: Re[2]: Tie rods - washer necessary?
From: jbonina@nectech.com
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 10:23:53 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

   Bob, Justin, et al,

   The name of my original post was "washer necessary?".

Well, I had new, correct tie rods installed to fix the problem. However, when I
looked at the work the mechanic did, he did not reinstall any washers. I guess I
will do this myself. Seeing that the nylocks are new, do you feel it is
wise/unwise to reuse them just once if they aren't damaged.

 Also, any special material for the washers? Is steel O.K.?

Last, do I need to have the front end aligned after the new tie rods? It seemed
to be running straight and vibration free this AM at 70 mph. (Yikes was it cold,
35 degrees  with a 70 mph wind chill.)

Thanks kids,
Jeff

'73 TR6