Dumb Question N0. 2,745

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Dumb Question N0. 2,745
From: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 09:54:17 -0400
All my beliefs are being blown out of the water.  Here I have been
conscientiously using lead additive in my TR-3, and now people on this list
are telling me I don't need it and plain unleaded gas is fine, and that the
valves will last for many years.

OK, let me ask about another possible myth I've been living with.  What
about the warnings that say that I should only use Girling approved brake
fluid?  Can I use any good Dot 3 or Dot 4 fluid?  And if the answer is
"yes",  can I mix it with my present Girling stuff in the system, or must
it be all drained out first?

I apologize if this thread has been discussed before, I'm fairly new on the
list and haven't seen it.

Sumner Weisman
Framingham Mass.
63 TR3-B