Re: Dumb Question N0. 2,745

To: Sumner Weisman <sweisman@gis.net>
Subject: Re: Dumb Question N0. 2,745
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 09:43:23 -0700
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Sumner,
That Girling thing began when the brake systems on those cars used only
natural rubber components (not neoprene as many US manufacturers used).
The Natural rubber would deteriorate if the US type brake fluid was
introduced into the system.  I don't know If the brake components today
are still Natural rubber, but for my money (and safety) I don't care to
find out.

--

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer