Re: TR6 Runs poorly when warm

To: "Triumph" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "Paul Burr" <tigerpb@ids.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Runs poorly when warm
From: "Rich Blair" <rdblair@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 17:26:23 -0400
:>It starts perfectly when cold, no hesitation and starts in under a second.
:>However after driving for a bit and getting the engine warm it starts to
:>be very
:>hesitant (unresponsive to the throttle unless pumped and then floored, then it
:>mellows out) and will stall if I don't force the idle to at least 1200 RPM.
:
:Rich, I'm gonna be a wise ass here, but are you releasing the choke on the
:car  when it warms up?

Releasing the choke makes die even faster.  More choke makes it die faster.
Pulling it out about 1/2" seems to be the only position that works.

Regards,
Richard Blair, MCP
1973 TR6
rdblair@ix.netcom.com
:>Since I am rather new to British cars (and cars with Carbs to boot) I am
:>having
:>a bit of a problem diagnosing my 73 TR6's problem.
:>
:>It start perfectly when cold, no hesitation and starts in under a second.