TR6 Runs poorly when warm

To: "Triumph" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6 Runs poorly when warm
From: "Rich Blair" <rdblair@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 20:01:44 -0400
Hi all,

Since I am rather new to British cars (and cars with Carbs to boot) I am having
a bit of a problem diagnosing my 73 TR6's problem.

It start perfectly when cold, no hesitation and starts in under a second.
However after driving for a bit and getting the engine warm it starts to be very
hesitant (unresponsive to the throttle unless pumped and then floored, then it
mellows out) and will stall if I don't force the idle to at least 1200 RPM.   If
I park it after a warm up drive (>10 Miles or 20 minutes) it won't start until
the engine cools for at least an hour.

If I need to be more specific let me know.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, keep in mind that I am new to this so
type very slowly ;-)

Regards,
Richard Blair, MCP
1973 TR6