flies ?

To: List-Triumph <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: flies ?
From: Neil Sampson <neil.sampson@gecm.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 12:04:39 +0100 (BST)
Autoforwarded: false
Disclose-recipients: prohibited
Hop-count: 2
Ua-content-id: 11C73B042600
X400-mts-identifier: [;0639041207071998/A49933/EASTMS]
Just wondering to myself if anyone else on the list has experienced the
following dilemma & what they've done about it - or perhaps what the cause of
it is ?

Yesterday, I drove my Red GT6 mk3 to work (it was drizzly rain at the time),
and parked the car up at work, away from bushes & trees (yep, I know about that
horrible sap that ruins the paintwork).  Anyways, during the day, the weather
cheered up a bit and the little drops of water on my car started to disappear
(as I do such a good job washing & polishing it every weekend).  When I went to
drive home, I noticed that my precious car was littered with small insects
(flies mainly), which appear to have landed on the car while it was wet and
stuck there.  This phenomena was not noticable on any other car in the car
park.  The flies were stuck quite firmly on the body & it was just a very
strange experience.  The car was not parked over an ants nest or anything like
that, so has anyone got any ideas or suggestions as to why this happened and
what I can do to remedy it ?

Trivial I know, but it makes a brief change from the rather technical stuff
that goes on here.

thanks in advance,
neil

1973 GT6 mkIII (one of the last 40 made !)