unisyn carb balancer

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: unisyn carb balancer
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 09:23:32 -0600
I received a Unisyn carb blanching tool from TRF last year. I cannot get the
thing to work properly, ie. the red marker being elevated to the halfway
point in the clear tube. It seems the amount of air the tool allows in is
insufficient to raise the marker the required height (no matter how I adjust
the middle valve thing). An older Unisyn I have works just fine and the
valve is not at its maximum (towards the carb) although it is close to the
maximum.

One notable difference in the two tools is that the new one has a big
"TAIWAN" in addition to the regular text on the body, the old one indicates
no country of origin.

I have already drilled out the holes in the new one which appear smaller
bore than the old tool, but to no avail. Before I call TRF, has anyone else
had trouble getting enough air through a Unisyn to raise the marker half
way?

Oh yeah, car is a late TR6, twin ZS (stock).

--- Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO  Calgary,Canada ---