Need Info on TR4 Soft top

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Need Info on TR4 Soft top
From: "Butch Lewis" <butchl@eudoramail.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 18:58:08 -0700
I recently purchased my first TR4 (1964). It had a new top still in the
wrapping in the boot and has a frame that was folded back beneath the cover
behind the rear seat. After unfolding the new top and raising the frame, I see
no way to attach the top to the windscreen. I bought another frame from someone
who said that mine was probably broken. His had a bar mounted on the front that
snaps to clips on the windscreen similar to the way my MGB does. He also sold
me the clips to go on the windscreen, because mine has none. However, I have
discovered that his is definitely different from mine, (the plates that bolt it
to the inside of the cockpit are larger and my windscreen has no holes for the
clips) so I am returning it. Did the TR4 have two types of tops? What parts is
mine missing ??

Join 18 million Eudora users by signing up for a free Eudora Web-Mail account
at http://www.eudoramail.com