Re: Rheostat and Tach TR6

To: Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Rheostat and Tach TR6
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 18:19:04 EDT
In a message dated 98-07-08 12:10:19 EDT, Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov writes:

> Question 4)  Any thoughts on testing to see if it's indeed the rheostat
> switch
>  before I add a $67 item to the list?   Any hope of cleaning, fixing,
> adjusting
>  the rheostat.

Bud,

Sometimes the rheostat can be cleaned or repaired. If you pull it out, it
should be apparent what needs to be done. The best thing to do though, IMHO,
is to just bypass the whole thing. Remove the wires from the back and connect
them together. At its very brightest setting, on a perfect rheostat, the
gauges are still way too dim.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74