Re: Spit fire body removal

To: Pierre-Yves Morissette <pym@abacom.com>
Subject: Re: Spit fire body removal
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 23:19:44 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Fri, 10 Jul 1998, Pierre-Yves Morissette wrote:

>       I need some help regarding lifting the body off my 72 spit..  I have
> removed all (8) mounting bolts, steering colomn, and brake cables and all
> wires that might be in the way...  and the body seems to be stuck...  the
> read & front lift off the chassis (1/2 an inch) when I pull on them,  but
> the center porting seems to be stuck there...  does anyone have any idea as
> for what could be holding it there?

Make sure that there are no floor patches covering up mounting bolts.  The
drivers' side front body mount is covered up with some sheet metal on my
car; as I move forward it will be reverted to "original spec".  Just go
around the car again, look underneath, examine any protruding bolts and
see if the heads are above or below the body.

If the rockers are in poor shape then now's the time to reinforce the
body.  You may have to weld the doors shut (or put a spreader-bar across
the gap) to ensure that the body doesn't bend when you get it free.

-Malcolm
'62 TR4