Re: Tr3A radiator shroud

To: Rob Robertson <robandmaggie@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: Tr3A radiator shroud
From: Jeff Raymond <raymo1@airmail.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 20:33:51 -0500
Cc: Triumph types <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Rob Robertson wrote:

> Jeff, My TR3a shroud just came yesterday, from Moss, and I was wondering th
> e same thing. Was yours painted at all. Mine is just bare cardboard. I'm not
> sure what I expected ,but I now have to figure out what the best thing to
> protect it with is. I'm doing a total rebuild so want to keep it original.
> Let me know ifhave any ideas. Any one else have any input?
> Rob Robertson
> TS25054

Carl - thanks for the info.

Rob -   I purchased mine from Moss and it is untreated/painted
cardboard.  I'm giving serious consideration to using it as a pattern
and making one out of ABS plastic (the ABS one from VB is $69.00!)  or
maybe sheet metal.  If I use the cardboard one I may try to find some
kind of rubber spray coating (undercoating maybe).  I know you can get a
paint bucket of 'stuff' to dip pliers and wrenches in to insulate their
handles and you might be able brush that on.

--
Jeff Raymond
1958 TR3A (TS28182)