Re: Hercules Needs A Brain!

To: lensman@erols.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Hercules Needs A Brain!
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 08:07:44 -0700
Jerry,

You wrote:
 Now for my next set of problems.  First I need to take off the
front shocks and coils so that I can get to the bushings for the upper
wishbone.  Any pointers and doing this?   Should I try to compress the
coil before doing this or go ahead and undo the bottom wishbone bolts to
the shock.

You DO NOT  need to compress the coils to remove the upper wishbone.  The
Bentley manual describes a simple procedure that basically says that you
put a jack under the lower wishbone and push up against the coils.  After
the jack has the weight of the car on it, undo the two bolts securing the
upper wishbone to the ball joint.  The wishbone will easily slip away from
the ball joint and can then be removed from the tower.  Install is the
revese.  If you haven't got a Bentley manual, get one!  You're asking for
unecessary headaches if you don't have this valuable tool!

I just did this on my TR6 last month.

Dave,
San Diego, Ca
1970 TR6 CP51649