Hand Brake

To: Spitfires List <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>, Triumphs List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Hand Brake
From: Paul <hove13@sprintmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 11:52:12 -0600
A little help please.....
Recently aquired 74 spit 1500 FM17042U in need of lots of  TLC, Spit
runs, gears (transmittion) needs to be sorted, hand painted by previous
owner, with what looks like crayola water colours, minor rust (none in
important places), removed 3 layers of house carpet and enough mud to
cover a Welshmans wellies above the knees, starter switch looks like an
avon door bell (it works though), seats totally rotted out...... And
those were the good parts.....
I need info on a replacement hand brake handle (parking brake), mine has
no inners just a hollow bar attached to brake cable, and a brick to hold
it up (real horror story this), can I repace the handle with an off the
shelf part from a local auto store or do I need the OEM varity ?????
I'm going to be asking a lot of questions here as I breath life back
into my Spit, Always wanted one ever since I was a kid on the south
coast of England, now nearly 40 and living in Colorado my dream finally
comes true.......

Paul  Seagull over the Rockies
Spitfire 1500
FM17042U