Re: Hand Brake

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Hand Brake
From: Paul <hove13@sprintmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 14:50:51 -0600
Cc: Spitfires List <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>, Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Hi Joe
Thanks, I did receive you offer of a hand brake lever, I also received other
offers,  however I managed to resurrect the original with a little effort and
lateral thinking.... When I removed 1 of the layers of carpet the original
button
and spring were lodged between the top layer and the second, After a little WD40
and wire sander I managed to refit all the parts perfectly... My first victory
in
the battle of restoration, I can see a lot more to come in the future..... Next
in
line are the seats, the foam rubber that molds the side supports is totally
rotted
to dust on both seats, the seat bottoms are trashed just strips of vinyl and
foam
on a bed of rust.  I'm going to get a quote to see if its worth having the
frames
recovered.
I now have a web page (still in the process of construction, but essentially all
aspects working) showing the horror of my project. I'll post any pics of Spits
and
GT6  that anyone wishes to send... Here's the Url
<Http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/track/7698>
Thanks again for the offer....

Regards Paul
Seagull Over the Rockies