Re: Clunking

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Clunking
From: Mark Sinclair <msinclair@dis-inc.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 09:29:47 -0700
I had something that sounds like this problem. Turned out to be driveshaft
u-joints - felt tight enough on the car but when I got them apart they were
completely shot. Vibration and noise was only present when applying load on
the driveshaft due to acceleration - fine during coasting or deceleration -
no idea why. Replaced the u-j, had to get a new splined yoke-thingummy
because the wear was so bad, had the whole thing balanced, felt like a
different car afterward.
Hope this helps.
Mark Sinclair
64 Spit.