Re: Heat/Sound Insulation

To: gt6driver@yahoo.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Heat/Sound Insulation
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 08:17:58 -0700
John,

I installed mine on the inside of the body.  It might be more efficient on
the outside but where talking "looks" here!  I don't want my newly painted
engine compartment covered up with aluminum!!

I also applied the insulation to the underside of the tranny cover.

Dave,
San Diego, Ca
1970 TR6 CP51649

Um, this might seem a silly question, but regarding the
aluminum/bubble wrap insulation that was mentioned yesterday: are we
intalling this inside or outside the body? At first I figured inside,
but then realized that it might be more efficient if the heat was
deflected before it even got to the body...
Also, I wonder about attaching it to the underside of my new tranny
cover before installation.
Does this material help much with sound deadening? The free flow
exhaust I recently installed on my GT6+ sounds great for a short run,
but it really seems to resonate in the back of the car.
Enough questions for now!
John Donohoe
'70 GT6+ (drove 30 it miles to work today:-)
(yes, that's a big deal to me considering how long I've been at it...)