Re: Heat/Sound Insulation

To: "john donohoe" <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Heat/Sound Insulation
From: "unicorn7" <unicorn7@mail.icnet.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 23:47:26 -0500charset="us-ascii"
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
John, Get a hold of the latest SUMMIT Racing catalogue, they offer a variety
of sound deadeners.  The one I plan on using on the underside of the ABS
plastic tranny cover on my GT6 is a sandwich of two aluminized layers with
fiberglass mat in the middle, it's supposed to be able to protect/reflect
about 800deg.  I plan on using other aluminized (reflective) sound
deadeners/heat barriers from them throughout the rest of the car.  I'm sort
of lucky in that the interior was so messed up I stripped it out, got rid of
the cotton batting in plastic that pretended to insulate the roof and around
the wheel wells, and trashed the felt/rag insulation everywhere else, the
re-insulation will be with "high tech" materials.

Dave Korzun
'69 GT6+