Re: Heat/Sound Insulation

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Heat/Sound Insulation
From: MYTR6@aol.com
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 18:29:26 EDT
Cc: MYTR6@aol.com

I also have a heat problem in my TR6. The floorboard on the passenger gets so
hot that you can almost burn your hand.  I purchased from a local speed shop,
a heat shield made of aluminized layers of  fiberglass mat for $29.95. It
looks like enough to do the complete underside of passenger floorboard and the
tranny cover. I plan on using high temp 3-M spray adhesive along with big head
rivets to hold the shield to the bottom of the floorboard. Does anyone have
any experience doing what I described?

Al Schmall 70 TR6