Re: TR4A Flywheel - description needed

To: dbji@whidbey.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR4A Flywheel - description needed
From: Bill Kelly <kelly@dss.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 11:03:38 -0400
Don -

> the clutch pedal pressure you feel to hold the clutch pedal down is
> 30 to 40% less than with coils of same clamping power

OK, but now you've got me thinking...

Your response got me thinking about the clutch on my TR250, which is
really hard. I'm guessing the rod from the slave cylinder is in the
first hole, and maybe if I move it down to the 2nd or 3rd my wife will
be able to drive the car...

Which got me thinking about leverage. ISTM that pedal force is going to
be equal to pressure plate clamping force, scaled by the ratio of
pressure plate travel to pedal travel. Which one changes by 30-40%, or
is there something I'm missing?

Curiously (not meant as a flame:),
Bill Kelly