Re: Car show experience

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "Mike Thompson" <miket@urgrgcc.edu>
Subject: Re: Car show experience
From: "DON BOYD, JOAN IKOMA" <dbji@whidbey.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 23:33:07 -0700
mike, i know what for you talk of. 2 yrs ago i drove joan's 68 dat roadster
to the ABFM in portland or. when it came time for the autocross, a freind
and former arch rival competitor was running. i owned (and still own) many
brit cars, but i didn,t have one that day. you should have seen the look i
got when i asked if i could run the roadster to show joan how much fun it
could be. mind you, this was during the fun runs , not the competition.
they HATED that datsun(a 96.5 point car at forest grove and the FIRST jap
car ever invited) and me too for having the cheek to ask. oh well.
don boyd
69spit race
69 tr6
61 tr3 (club raced preped circa ~65?, but tatty now)