Re: Geezer speeds it up a bit, side view mirror comments

To: "Nathan Coraor" <ndc12@scasd.k12.pa.us>
Subject: Re: Geezer speeds it up a bit, side view mirror comments
From: "unicorn7" <unicorn7@mail.icnet.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 22:48:50 -0500charset="US-ASCII"
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Unfortunately, the package is being offered only as an OEM option, although
I understand the Israelis are currently working on a retrofit package to use
on Renault and the Citroen 2CV.  This package should be light enough to
mount on any vehicle, however maximum allowable vehicle gross weight will
limit how much capability may be installed on a particular vehicle.  As for
the missiles, Chrysler corporation had learned early in the research and
development phase that Ford's Aerospace and Motor Vehicle branches, along
with Honeywell and SAAB Scaniain, had begun construction of a prototype
designed to use missiles for both offensive and defensive capability.
Chrysler did not want to be caught with their "panzers down" in this
exciting new market (like Ford did in the minivan market in '97 when it
neglected to add a driver's side sliding to the Windstar, instead opting for
the "big door" on the driver's side) and decided to up the ante by equipping
their vehicle with the latest in missile technology as part of the preffered
equipment package.  Ford, unfortunately, was not aware of this decision and
chose to save some R&D money by using off the shelf and surplus parts,
intending to use the already allocated funds to continue their ad campaign
of "Quality is Job 1."  Dodge executives feel they have positioned their
product correctly in this emerging sector and expect to initially grab and
maintain at least 80% of the market with continued growth until the import
clones start to appear in about 3 years.  The long range forcast from Dodge
is that they will maintain a 70% market share by showing the public that the
new vehicle is built "Ram Tough."