Re: Carb probs: SUs & Zs

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, <CarlSereda@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Carb probs: SUs & Zs
From: "DON BOYD, JOAN IKOMA" <dbji@whidbey.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 02:21:21 -0700
carl;
        $100 rebuilds are probably not what you want. For that price they are
unlikly to be properly done , and for sure the dashpot shafts could not be
repaired for that figure. If thier warranted though you might take a
chance. My guess is that the rebuilder just does a quick refresh , sends
them out the door and thinks"we'll let the cusomers find the bad ones".
Maybe not though.
        The shafts and the housings both wear. there are .005 os shafts
available.
The special reamer is at your local brit fettler , or from Joe
Curto.(hemmings)

don boyd

> From: CarlSereda@aol.com
> To: triumphs@autox.team.net
> Subject: Carb probs: SUs & Zs
> Date: Monday, July 20, 1998 7:24 PM
>

> Burning down the garage not sounding too bad as I'm afraid I'm facing
major
> problems with both the SUs and Zeniths... they have alot (guessing
150,000 on