Re: TR6 Brakes Seizing

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Brakes Seizing
From: "DON BOYD, JOAN IKOMA" <dbji@whidbey.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 11:08:12 -0700
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, <ewcorco@erenj.com>
malcolm,rodney
unless the m-cly pushrod is misadjusted, the m-cyl will uncover some
bleed/fluid replentishment  hole(s) at the end of its stroke. you may fade
your brakes from h2o in the calipers but would only lock them from another
problem. gently lever a caliper piston back to see  1)that each piston is
free  2) that fluid will travel back to the m-cyl.  if yes, look at a
defective power booster. diconnect , drive around (on a closed , private
road to aviod lawsuits ;-)   )  and see if the same thing happens.
your problem may be related to the dot 5 . if so you should go back through
your deleted file for some recent discourse on the topic.
don boyd