Re: fuel pump problems

To: ArthurK101@aol.com
Subject: Re: fuel pump problems
From: jmwagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 17:56:27 -0700
Cc: berny.pellaers@ping.be, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Art has some great advice... to add to this...

If fuel does NOT spurt out...

It still may not be your pump...

Remove the line on the other side of the pump... and be sure that fuel is
flowing
from the gas tank.  ON TR 4/4As... fuel should flow readily from gravity.  (If
you're not familiar with TR's... remember this fuel flows FAST... be sure you
have
a way to block it off if, for example, if the hose cracks/tears on
removing...etc.  And take the usual precautions when gasoline is around!)

When I was working the bugs out of my current driver... it had an intermittent
fuel failure that turned out to be various cloggeed lines... and muck in the gas
tank...

The muck in the gas tank was the real teaser... sometimes letting fuel flow,
sometimes blocking it...
Removing the tank and properly cleaning out solved this problem.

--Justin