Clutch Problems

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Clutch Problems
From: Don Batsford <dbatsford@videoserver.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 11:27:00 -0400

I've not had a chance to read the list much lately, so please excuse me
it this is a thread that has recently been discussed.
My 1971 TR6 has been sitting in the garage for about 10 months.  Last
weekend I started the car in order to move it into the driveway - but the
car wouldn't go into gear with the engine running.  Shut the car off and
the transmission will shift into gear.  I haven't had a chance to crawl
under, but from the sound and feel, it appears that the master and slave
are both functioning.  I seem to recall a while back someone reporting
this same problem.  Please don't tell me that I have to pull the
transmission to replace some bits, please!  Any suggestions on a
cause/cure?  Seriously, all comments are very welcome.
Could this be a case of car jealousy - my wife just started parking her
new Saab in the adjoining garage stall.

Thanks - Don Batsford
dbatsford@Videoserver.com or batsford@net1plus.com