Re: Clutch Problems

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Clutch Problems
From: "DON BOYD, JOAN IKOMA" <dbji@whidbey.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 21:24:56 -0700
Hi guy's

         On lighter import clutches, the towing routine could bend the preasure
plate torque straps. the preasure plate will then not run true to the input
shaft anymore , and you get god's own vibration. I know of early BMW big
sixes that could do this just by downshifting at the end of the straight
under track conditions. Mind you , it's not common, but if it's going to
happen, applying large amounts of torque in the opposit rotation from which
the clutch is designed to handle might do the deed.
Ruins the clutch like right now!

Don Boyd
> From: Ackley, Aaron Mr <ackleya@hq.7arcom.army.mil>
> To: Don Batsford <dbatsford@videoserver.com>; 'triumphs@autox.team.net'
> Subject: RE: Clutch Problems
> in more extreme cases more force is required;  I once towed a Dodge
Charger