Re: Clutch Problems

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Clutch Problems
From: "DON BOYD, JOAN IKOMA" <dbji@whidbey.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 21:10:40 -0700
Don ;

        Nah , if the clutch pedal feels absolutely normal, then you have a stuck
disk. The fix is fun.
Push the car out of the garage. get it pointed in a direction thats safe.
In neutral, start the motor and warm it up, then shut off. Put it in first
. Put the clutch to the floor. Then, knowing that you'll take off, give it
a little throttle and start the engine in gear. Off you lurch! The clutch
may beak free then, or not. If not build up the revs to 2000 then floor it(
remember the clutch pedal is still on the floor ) . Be ready to back off
fast if it breaks free. The last resort is to take the engine up to it's
torque peak (about 3500-4000) and use heal and toe to floor it and apply
the brakes at the same time.
If you run out of room, just shut off the motor with the key! Don't try
this on a busy street!!!

Don Boyd