Re: Stuck Valves

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Stuck Valves
From: "DON BOYD, JOAN IKOMA" <dbji@whidbey.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 00:30:35 -0700
Hay Andy , listen - anything stupid you can think of working on a car I've
probably done. Four or five times. Filled it with oil and watched it form a
3ft circle around my feet - yup. (actually, our feet.the customer was
standing right there) . Drain a gas tank into a 5 gal. bucket,have the gas
splash me in the eye , reflex push out from under the car and catch the
drop light cord with the creeper. droplight goes into the bucket. For some
reason nothing happened. Now I will not allow anything other than floresent
portable lights.Duh. Jack up my sweeties newly restored datsun
roadster(being careful to use a long block of wood to support an spread the
load) and have the jack slip out before i can get the stands under, putting
a 500$ crease in an $8000 paint job.Doah! The list go on.....proof that
most of the time , the thought process is blissfully absent from my
vicinity. So even if the listers get you with 'guilt by association, you
ain't go nutten on me .