RE: worst british car

To: "'Keith S. Ehrlich'" <kehrlich@dyax.com>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: worst british car
From: Tom Gentry <tgentry@execpc.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 10:37:18 -0500
>>No way Jose, it was the Sterling, without question. I think there are
>>still some unsold on dealer lots here in the US :-)

Hey, wait a minute.  My (now ex) wife had a Sterling 825SL, it was a great car.
 Comfortable and quick, and never any trouble with the British bits.  My
daughter loved the power reclining rear seats, and I learned that a heated seat
really is nice on cold winter mornings.  Ironically the only problems we ever
had with it were related to the Honda parts, but still nothing major.

BTW, at the '95 VTR convention, while I ran my TR-6 in the speed challenge at
the airport, she ran the Sterling.  One driver of a stock TR-6 was very irate
when she consistently clocked higher speeds in her 2.5L, automatic, 4 door,
British Honda.  I think he left in disgust after trying to beat her for 3 runs.

Tom Gentry
Life is too short to drive boring cars!