RE: worst british car

To: Tom Gentry <tgentry@execpc.com>
Subject: RE: worst british car
From: Lawrence Schilling <lchillin@siu.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 10:49:51 -0500
Cc: TRIUMPHS@Autox.Team.Net
I agree, I had a Sterling 825SL, what a nice car, like a Jaguar and an
Acura Legend combined.  I had problems with the Lucas electrics though.
Lived with most of the inconvient ones till the heater blower and heat
stuck on full blast.  Sold it on a very cold day in January.

At 10:37 AM 7/30/98 -0500, you wrote:

>>>No way Jose, it was the Sterling, without question. I think there are
>>>still some unsold on dealer lots here in the US :-)
>
>Hey, wait a minute.  My (now ex) wife had a Sterling 825SL, it was a great
car.  Comfortable and quick, and never any trouble with the British bits.
My daughter loved the power reclining rear seats, and I learned that a
heated seat really is nice on cold winter mornings.  Ironically the only
problems we ever had with it were related to the Honda parts, but still
nothing major.

>BTW, at the '95 VTR convention, while I ran my TR-6 in the speed challenge
at the airport, she ran the Sterling.  One driver of a stock TR-6 was very
irate when she consistently clocked higher speeds in her 2.5L, automatic, 4
door, British Honda.  I think he left in disgust after trying to beat her
for 3 runs.