tree gook

To: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: tree gook
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 1998 14:36:14 -0700 (PDT)
Just finished all the welding on the Oldsmobile and it's now
roadworthy.... nice to be back "on task" with the TR4

However I notice that the paint on the Olds is covered with brown "blips",
I think it is hardened tree sap.

They don't want to come off!  I have tried soaps, solvents (even acetone)
- I can get it off with careful fingernail scraping but I don't want to go
over the whole car like that.  I also don't want to use something too
harsh and risk pulling the paint right off.

I haven't tried buffing compound (turtle wax Red Stuff) yet.  Regular
"hard shell" turtle wax doesn't do a heckuva lot.  Any ideas?

-Malcolm
'62 TR4 (under the torch)
'81 Chevette (boredom wins)
'84 Olds Cutlass Supreme (all one piece again)
'85 Chevette (see above)
'81 Camaro (soon to be fixed...)
'80 Volare (last of the Big Time Mopars)