TR3 doors

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3 doors
From: wises@execpc.com (Bob and Nancy)
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 09:12:36 +0000
Dear Triumph Intelligentsia,

        My '61 TR3 is in the body shop getting a total workover.  The
fellow doing the work has been removing dents and dings by stretching and
shrinking the metal and uses filler only to cover sanding marks.  As is
typical for TR3s, the doors were pushed in too hard, resulting in an inward
dish that centers around the door handle.  Now that the doors are flat
again, I am considering reinforcing the interior of the door with a shaped
and fitted wooden support.  Has anyone out there ever done this?  Does
anyone think it will work?  Any ideas?

Bob

Carpe Cervasium