RE: TR6 Carbs

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: TR6 Carbs
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 10:21:33 -0600

I vouch for the rebuild as well. When I did mine (forced upon me by a
spurious leak in the rear carb as well), I went a step further and replaced
the original float chambers with a couple from a set of Strombergs off an
MGB (I think that's where they came from). In any event, these float
chambers do not have the plug -- they are solid. This means I will never
have a leak due to a faulty O-ring on the plug. (Misadjsuted float level
leaks are still possible of course).

The chambers cost me $20 Canadian for the pair (they were used). Went on
with no modifications. Worthwhile considering IMO.

--- Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO  Calgary,Canada ---