Electrical connections for Fog/Driving Lamps

To: "'DANMAS@aol.com'" <DANMAS@aol.com>
Subject: Electrical connections for Fog/Driving Lamps
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@satie.arts.usf.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 12:37:43 -0400 charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Dan - since you seem to be the resident expert on electrical
considerations for the TR, I am directing this to you.

What is the correct manner in which to hook up a pair of fog lamps on a
TR3?  My original idea was to take the hot off the ignition switch; put
an in-line fuse between the ignition and switch; then wire the two lamps
in series; grounding at the end.

But I was wondering if the two lights should be separate feeds.  One
reason for splitting is that I may want to switch out one to a driving
lamp (requiring a second switch).   Of course, I haven't figured out
where the switch or switches might be.  If I didn't have an overdrive or
heater, those dash holes would be perfect, but that isn't the case.
Then again, I haven't used the heater in 3 years, so maybe...

Thanks
Carl