Re: Refinishing TR4A Wood Dash

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>, Jim Altman <jaltman@altlaw.com>, "INTERNET:triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Subject: Re: Refinishing TR4A Wood Dash
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 16:03:46 -0400
Message text written by Joe Curry
>You will know when it is hot enough by the wrinkling effect.  If you
have a putty knife (a dull one) handy, you can just push it off.<

Well, I did that, and it was doing great!  Until.....  either I got too
aggressive with the blade, or the adhesive under the veneer
was damaged (by old water?).  Anyway, a large patch of it peeled
up, ruining the veneer.  Now I have to strip all the old veneer and
reveneer it.  Now I don't have to worry about the stains in the wood
where the cracks in the finish were.   :(

I needed a project like this??

-Tony