carb oil

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: carb oil
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 17:18:33 EDT
Couldn't help but add  this to the list...I am having Joe Curto (not to be
confused with our 'list' friend Joe Curry!) of Joe Curto Inc., NY - the
Stromberg and SU rebuilder for 21 years - rebushing both my 'Zs' and 'SUs'
throttle shafts and I just had to ask him "what oil do you recommend for the
dashpots?"
He said..."over there in warm California I would put in 20-50 just like in
your engine (the 50wt. never kicks in) - and here in the East with our colder
weather we use A.T.F. (aprox 10wt)."
...just a F.Y.I. ...
Carl
'64 TR4 (lately using 20wt. "3in1" oil in the 'blue can')