Re: Rebuild

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Rebuild
From: "Robert M. Lang" <LANG@ISIS.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 17:22:12 -0400
Hi,

Last summer I drove my TR6 around 4000 miles round trip from Boston to Ft.
Worth (and about 500 miles of driving in/around the Metroplex) and I used
one quart of oil. In fact, when I changed the oil when I got home, it was
still clear-ish yellow Castrol color - not dirty at all.

I was amazed.

And that was at considereable highway speed the whole way - > greater than
70 MPH almost the entire trip with spurts much higher (when I had to go to
the rest room after drinking much Pepsi...) to speeds of 80 or more.

Yes, it is possible to make a TR motor that does not leak. Just take your
time and make sure everything fits when you're putting it back together.
And follow the assembly manual...

Later,
rml
Bob Lang